Tuesday, April 21, 2009

COUNTING...




Dated: Jan 19th to Dec 20th...
Dedicated to my Hubby.


I count.


With each passing day, I count the days I spend without your presence. I count the nights I spend alone, without the warmth of your hug.
With each passing day I count the days left of our separation. And the days of my loneliness.
And yet, with each passing day I count and celebrate each day less of our separation.
I count the times you have loved me, cared for me. I count your hugs and the touch of your lips on mine.
I count the times you have admonished me for my shortcomings. I count your reprimands.
I count the nights when we converse till the wee hours of the morning. I count those sleepless nights.
I count the times you said you loved me, you missed me. I count my tears and smiles for you.
I count each beat my heart skips every time you held me. I count each skipped beat when I looked into your eyes.
I count each dream I wished would come true, with you holding my hand, and never letting go.
I count each time you have made me aspire to be a better person. I count each time you have admired.
I count each song my heart sings for you. I count each song you have sung for me.

No comments:

My Favourite Books

  • The Best Laid Plans (1997)
  • Morning, Noon and Night (1995)
  • Nothing Lasts Forever (1994)
  • The Stars Shine Down (1992)
  • The Sands of Time (1988)
  • Windmills of the Gods (1987)
  • If Tomorrow Comes (1985)
  • Master of the Game (1982)
  • Rage of Angels (1980)